WHAT IS YOUR HAPPY COLOUR?
The other day my friend said “why do I always see you in black outfits?”. I laughed so hard because I felt he didn’t understand. Apparently black is my “happy” colour and I can give you a few reasons why…
- It’s black duh!!! Everything looks better in black!
- I am a lazy person (72.1% of the time) and thinking about the time & effort it takes to pick an outfit with complementing/matching colours can be such a hustle.
- There’s an unforeseen force that draws me to black. Don’t ask me to explain it, it goes beyond my control.
- Do I really need to go in on the slimming effect of an all black outfit??? I feel confident knowing I can stuff my face with extra cake and hide those extra pounds underneath a black outfit.
- I could get clumsy sometimes. Spill coffee casually, drop a piece of assorted chicken on my shirt, spill barbecue sauce or ketchup anywhere kind of clumsy…. you see where I’m going with this right?
- Black never goes out of style. No matter what season it is, that black outfit always looks on “fleek”. Classic and timeless!
- Bright colours simply annoy the living hell outta me. I don’t need to-be walking down the street in a bright neon or pink outfit looking like an off duty clown, no please. While I accept that some people pull off bright colours perfectly, I am not one of those people. Keep the circus away from me. Thank you!
“Women who wear black live colourful lives.” — Neiman Marcus
We all have that colour we feel good and safe in, what’s yours?