HOW TO GET RID OF MONDAY BLUES
Being self employed for the most part, makes it easy to lazy in on Monday mornings and snooze my alarm till infinity. But that’s not the case. I view Mondays as an opportunity to set new goals and work harder towards my bigger picture.
But of course, not every Monday morning comes with a truckload of motivation so here are 5 things I’ve been doing lately to get rid of Monday blues:
- Wake up and Smile: I know this sounds a little silly but you’ll be surprised how much positive energy you can harness just by smiling when you wake up. It’s my way of telling myself I’m going to have a great day/week and conditioning my mind to believe just that.
- Hydrate: A glass of lemon water before taking a bath and a cup of healthy smoothie (check here for amazing smoothie recipes) afterwards is perfect to fuel your system before the long day. I usually save a cup of coffee for later in the day.
- Listen to music: Be it in the shower, on the way to work or at your desk, listening to the right type of music has proven to be an excellent mood lifter.
- Prioritize tasks: On a Monday morning, the last thing you want to be is overwhelmed. Prioritize the important tasks that need to be done through the day & work through them one thing at a time. I love setting achievable goals and rewarding myself afterwards.
- Be positive: It’s easy to get lost in the pursuit of everything we’re not that we take for granted every other thing we’ve been blessed with. Cultivate the habit of starting the week with an attitude of gratitude & take time to appreciate the things you love about your life & work. Trust me, you’ll start seeing the world from a whole different perspective.
Is there anything you do to make Monday mornings bearable? Let me know in the comment section below! There’s also a contest in my previous post I think you might be interested in!
(P.S Anyone recognize the red dress? I styled it differently here)
Have an amazing week ahead!
Till next time,
[Photos by Sean (@seandiamondto)]