THE BUSINESS OF ORANGE

how to wear orange

My wardrobe and style choices are commonly dominated by the colours black, white, grey and blue. This is partly because I find neutral colours more versatile and easier to style. However, this doesn’t mean I totally hate colours. I am just more drawn to pieces that can be easily transformed into different outfits for different occasions and transit flawlessly through different seasons. Hence, my defined palette.

Recently, I am being influenced to a great deal by spring and more willing to incorporate brighter colours into my personal style.

IMG_9177

I find that the best way to go about styling bold colours is to pair it with muted or cooler tones to avoid risking colour shouting or the clown effect.

Orange is one of those colours I stayed away from because it’s not the easiest one for wardrobe combinations, but in real sense, it has proven to be one of the most versatile colours and a great addition to a neutral wardrobe.

The key to styling this bold colour is to pair with neutral colours like white, black or nude. This is a great way for the colour to pop without competing with other colours. It can also be incorporated in minimal doses as accessories or detail pieces such as a scarf, belt, earrings, etc to add that extra pop of colour to an outfit.

Starting off this look is a nude Topshop Bodysuit and Orange Wannifuga High Waisted Pants. My waist is cinched with a brown Express Waist Belt and the Stuart Weitzman Nudist Leather Ankle Strap Sandal on my feet.

IMG_9180

What colours are you drawn to this season? Please leave a comment below to keep the conversation going! Also, don’t forget to share this post with your people to keep the loop going!

Have an amazing week!

Till next time…

xx

[Photographs by Chinonso, IG: city_lens]

Comments (12)

The Alaroro

Girl, you literally look like fire. ???

Alma

Thank you love!

Allen

Keep up the good work, I see a bright future ahead on this path you have chose.
    Allen from Norway

#be-different.

Alma

Thank you Allen!

Valerie

Hayyy! You look amazing baby.

Amber-Lee

LOVING this pallet. Can’t wait to try it. Thanks for the post love! xo

Deola Adebiyi

You look so good in those pants! I’ve been wanting a pair of pants like this. I need some flared/wide-leg pants in my life

Alma

Thank you Deola! And you can check Grey velvet or ShopMaju if you’re looking, they have some nice ones..

Danielle Sandifer

This outfit is so BOMB!!!! You look absolutely stunning!! Great post girly! :)

ugochi

lovely! love jewel tones too.

Kati Holasz

love this bold business look! :D

INSTAGRAM

• When the 🍊 comes out to play | 📸: @bosslaydiie
Wearing:
Top: @whitneyblack_
Skirt: @hm #HM
Mules: @callitspring
  • Can't remember the last time I wore wedge sandals, thanks @CallitSpring for sending this pair and the cutest trunk purse over! They're super cute for the summer 😍😍 #Weekendlooks #Summer17
  • Summer essentials: Drop hoop earrings ✨ | Double tap or go to this link http://liketk.it/2rLIg  to shop some of my favorites for under $10 (direct link is also in my bio) 😊 #liketkit @liketoknow.it #LTKunder50 #F21xMe
  • A guide to wearing colour all summer '17 is now on the blog! Click direct link in bio 💛📌 {Btw I think @abijahnwakanma is doing a great job capturing my summer style, what do you think? Let us know 👇🏾👇🏾}. #F21xMe #TopshopStyle #HM
  • Me: "I need to wear more colour"
Also me: *white monochrome* #sorrynotsorry 🖤

Spending the day editing photos for the blog and watching A different world for the 100th time #TeamDwayneandWhitley. Happy Sunday! ❤️
  • In an intimate relationship with the summer glow ✨