I am really excited that I’ve gotten around to starting this blog. This project is definitely starting later than I planned but I just moved to a different country and settling down has not been easy at all! It’s bad enough that I have to deal with the extreme cold, I found out on getting here that the apartment I paid for did not exist. It has not been easy but as one of my new year resolutions, I have decided to stay calm and not stress about what I have no control over.
First things, I turned 22 a few days ago *rings bell*..I am one of those people that get excited about getting older, not really a fan of celebrating the special day but I’ve always loved moving up the number/age scale plus I am convinced older people have way more fun.
I have no specific word to describe in general how 2014 was but it was a really challenging year for me emotionally, luckily I came out of it wiser and stronger and more ready for a new year!
What are my plans for 2015? I am not one to write resolutions and stick to them, honestly I suck at following through so if I’m being honest to myself, I don’t bother with resolutions but this year is going to be different. I have written down a few things I plan on improving on and adapting this year.
- Strengthen my relationship with God. I cannot over emphasize how important this is as an individual; it is one thing for your parents to have a relationship with God on your behalf and it’s another thing for you to have a personal relationship with God.
- Stop focusing on the negatives and let the positives be my driving force. I tend to obsess a lot about everything that goes wrong and forget that amidst all that I have a few victories to be grateful for.
- Meet people and build a worthy phonebook. We all know the importance of knowing and building a relationship with the right people.
- Keep in touch more.
- Get rid of fear and lack of confidence. I cannot count how many opportunities I have missed out on because of fear, the fear of what people think, the fear of failing, the fear of not figuring out who I am, I am done being scared. If there’s anything I’ve learnt in all my years on earth its that you cannot please everyone, you have to live your life the way you want and let people say what they want to say and you only succeed when you try.
- This is the time to start doing the things I have always wanted to do (e.g own a blog). No excuses
- Travel, drink fine wine and just bask in all my amazing glory
It is only right that I share one of my favourite quotes about fresh starts.
“Fresh starts. Thanks to the calendar, they happen every year. Just set your watch to January. Our reward for surviving the holiday season, is a new year. Bringing on the great tradition of New Year’s resolutions. Put your past behind you, and start over. It’s hard to resist the chance at a new beginning. A chance to put the problems of last year to bed. Who gets to determine when the old ends, and the new begins? It’s not a day on a calendar, not a birthday, not a new year. It’s an event. Big or small. Something that changes us. Ideally, it gives us hope. A new way of living and looking at the world. Letting go of old habits, old memories. What’s important is that we never stop believing we can have a new beginning. But it’s also important to remember that amid all the crap are a few things really worth holding on to“.
I do not know what your new year resolutions are or if you just plan on kicking it this year, but whatever it is, I wish you the best, there will be rough times but please do not anchor your ship there, believe in the brighter days and flourish.
Have a great day!